Monday, February 10, 2014

Goodbye Negreiros...Hello Querecotillo!

Quite the week! 

We did have transfers...and I am no longer in NEGREIROS.  I was transfered to a place that is named QUERECOTILLO. It is in the Zone Sullana, and is so different than Negreiros.  Because it is VERDE!!!!  Its about twenty minutes in car from Sullana (a bigger city) and for those twenty minutes, your passing through banana fields, coconut fields, mounds and mounds of bananas, a huge river, and so much fruit. 

Zack's last day in Negreiros


I said a couple of weeks ago that i just wanted to see green...and for sure I am seeing it now!  Like Negreiros, there's a small branch in a secluded area that seems to be struggling a little bit.  I am excited to have the opportunity to help this branch to grow a bit more, and to really help some people, as they help me.  Querrecotillo is known for being a hard area with people that have hard hearts, but I really feel like this is the place for me.  I do feel a little homesick from Talara, but I really feel like my time was up there.  It was time to move on, and I am pumped for this opportunity.  Its a little more dangerous, but I've got a good room...and its all good.  (mom's wondering what that sentence means!) I feel like its going to be a long and hard work, but I have a good feeling about it.



The best part is that I didn't have to say goodbye to Omar and Maria Elena!  They both come from Querrecotillo, and all of their family lives there and they do frequent visits...and, actually...one of the investigators which we have is their relative!  It turns out that ill be teaching them more. Kind of a weird consequence, but I really feel like my work with this family isn't over yet. 

My companion here is named Elder Melo.  He is 25 years old, the only member in his family, and has one less transfer in the mission than me.  He seems like a pretty cool guy, and I am really excited to work with him.  Hes completely different from Elder Rodriguez or Mamani, so its going to be an interesting ride.  I really feel like it could be really good, so I'm anticipating it to all be good. 

I really do feel a little weird to leave Negreiros.  I had 5 and a half months there, and it really was my home, and what I knew,  But I feel like my progression there, and my progression with my companion were coming to an end, and this is what is needed of me now.  Elder Rodriguez is going to train a new missionary, so I think that will be wonderful!

Mom, don't worry about me, I am fine, and healthy, but I am going to try a little bit harder with the healthy stuff. 

PHOTOS... one with Brother Delelis (hes really old) that we helped recieve the priesthood.  one with Adrian (a young man I was teaching) and another with Leyla and her family. They were the hardest to leave.  Them and the family of Presidente gaston.

Zack with Brother Delelis...a great friend.


Hard to say 'goodbye' to Leyla's family



Elder Rodriguez, The Gaston Family (Branch President & Pensionista)...all great friends of Zack's.


In my last days there in Negreiros, my Pensionista asked me what I wanted to eat in my last days...so we made tacos, passionfruit juice, alfajores (the best things ever) and had crab!  It's like a crab chowder, but it had fish head and fish ovaries in it. but it's all good, its my favorite Peruvian dish.  I am sure Taylor and dad would love it.  Its called 'chupe de cangrejo'.  The best!

Did you have any spiritual experiences this week?
Just a couple good lessons.  and I actually sang with a trio en district conference.  (That's the same as stake conference, just a little smaller.)  That was a good experience. 

What is going on with your visa?
I really don't know.  I am not informed...and I am sure I don't have it.

Where are you?
Querecotillo Sullana!

Any scary stuff?  
Not too much.  Almost got eaten by a dog.

Best food you’ve eaten lately? 
Chupe de cangrejo!

Have you handed out bracelets? 
I have, to Leyla and her family.  It's a little hard to give out stuff, cause it kinda puts other Elders in a hole if they don't do it.



Burros!


Well, thats my week.  I have only been in my area for a day, and we haven't taught anything yet,  so next week I'll have more info and more photos. 

Thanks for everything!

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment