Thursday, May 7, 2015

I'm A Rock in A Stream

Hey fam!

Well I am doing great! A little bit burnt, and a little tired, but thats how it is here in Piura.

I am actually doing pretty well. The week was a little bit tougher, but it all went well. I learned a lot. As I said the last week, my greatest joy comes from teaching the gospel! I can’t believe how fast the weeks pass. I swear that I close my eyes and when I open them it’s Monday again! And...I promise that I am not just sleeping the whole week.  :)

I was actually really discouraged this week until yesterday. Again, my companion was sick. Hes getting tested right now and we should know the cause today, but he seems to be getting better. But, due to the sickness, the week was just a little bit slower. I hope that starting tomorrow, he can be perfectly fine. That would be nice. It’s not his fault, I think hes got a parasite or something, because it
keeps coming back. The sickness discouraged my companion, and got me down a little bit. We couldn’t work as much as we wanted. But it’s all good.  I’ve had plenty of time to study, but it’s just so annoying when its 90 plus degrees in the room even with the fan on. (see pic). jaja




Zack proving how hot it is in his room.  93 degrees!
 So this week, everything was kinda just regular.

A couple of days ago, we were just walking down the street and I saw a little girl (3 years or so) run into her house where her dad was watching tv, I felt the need to talk with them, so we went and contacted the dad. He turned out to be a good guy and we took out an appointment for Sunday. Yesterday we went and started teaching him and his wife. They are so humble and so sincere. It was such a great lesson. I felt the Spirit so strongly, and it was such a great feeling to be with them last night. The name is la Familia Pazos Cordova. We have another appointment Wednesday. I hope they turn out to be ready.

With the other families there wasn’t too much progression with them. They both are sincere and have shown good fruits, and I am excited to work with them and am growing to love them more and more, but we could only teach them a couple of times this week, and there wasn’t any real incredible progress, but I am sure things will pick up and that they will progress more.

I really feel like I have continually been molded as a person while I have been here in the mission. I wasn't ever a real bad guy, or never did really bad things, but like a rock in a stream, the Lord has be carving and forming me little by little. I am so happy doing the things I do, and I know that all of these things that I am teaching here are true. I started the Book of Mormon a week ago, with the goal to look for different names of Christ, the Christlike attributes that He shows, and those attributes that other profets and people show. My goal is to finish before I go home. I am now in 1 Nephi 17. I am hauling! I love reading it and I have learned so much in these last few days.

Family updates? Going well?
Everything is going well, but nothing amazing. Not too many bad things happened this week, just not too many good things either.

Health and happiness update?
I am really healthy and happy!

Mission activities going on?
We have interviews with President Rowley (I’m sad because this will be my last one.  He goes home in July.)

Mother’s Day is in one week! Yay for me!........
So I will try calling at 4 (my time) but I am still looking for a place to do it. So if the time changes I will tell you.

Anything about school you want to talk about?
not too much

Tender Mercies this week?
The lesson with the new Famliy Pazos yesterday. It was a good time.

Best part of the week?
The lesson yesterday with the Familia Pazos.

Pday fun?
We played frisbee on the beach with a couple of other Elders.


The Baptism of Santos Silva...Zack's companion, Elder Nuñez, is the one dressed in white.
Well I am happy and all is going well. I am trying to be the best missionary that I can and I try my best everyday.  I am far from perfect but I am trying so hard!

Love you all!

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment