Monday, April 27, 2015

Three Families

Its crazy how fast time flies by! We are already in half-transfer.

Well, I am happy. It was a good week. A hard week. A learning week.  But a good week. I learned lots, and can really see how the Lord is forming me to be a better person. I delight in the Gospel and delight in sharing it, which is something wonderful. I keep growing and molding, and struggling and learning, and am happy with whatever comes my way...well I try to be. I am far from perfect, but I am trying.

This week we did see some effects from our last week of knocking doors and all. We have got three families which we are teaching. Don’t know if any of them are a ‘golden’ family, but they all seem pretty good.

The Familia Navarro: Its a part member family that we found thanks to a reference from a member. We finally contacted and taught them. They are already attending church, but in another branch. They need to be married, but have the desire to do it. I asked the wife what her goals are and she told me “get married, get baptized, and get sealed”.  We are hoping that they really are as good as we think. We would only have to marry them, have them switch branches, and boom, ready!

The family Cardoso: They are another Part Member family that lives right next door to the family Navarro. They are wonderful too, but need to get married too. We’ve taught them too and they are great, The only problem is that the papers of the wife are like 12 hours away in bus, and there are not any ways to get them. I continue in my frustration that marriage is the basically the hardest thing to do in Peru. Which stinks.

The family Rumiche: Another Part member family. I don’t know them too well, because we’ve only taught them once, but they are still candidates!

Well, we are looking and working really hard. Hope that we can find a chosen family.

We also had a baptism this week. Santos Silva is the 75 year old grandma that was being taught before I got here. It was a super crazy day.  Super crazy.  And the baptism was crazy too. Because she is so old, my comp was scared about the water being cold, so we found two HUGE pots and heated up something like 50 gallons of water. It was a crazy crazy day, but its all good. She was baptized so it’s all good. I don’t really know her that well, but I’m happy for her and hope for her to be happy as well.

I just want that special family though. Special family...where are you?

The things I learned this week:

I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON! And tomorrow, I will start it again.

I liked this...

Moroni 8

25 And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by
faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the
commandments bringeth remission of sins;

26 And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of
heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the
visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and
perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the
end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.

When we repent, we are forgiven, and it is necessary that we keep the commandments for the rest of our lives. The remission of sins is a process, and so is perfecting ourselves. When we keep the commandments, and serve other people, we retain that remission and help others receive theirs too.

I didn’t explain it well, but I invite everyone to study that scripture. Service is more important than we think.

Sorry that there aren’t any pics this week, I don’t have my camera because we had an activity and didn’t have enough time to go pick it
up.

I love you all, and am super excited for the call!

4 o'clock my time.

I will look for a computer to use...or whatever!  I’ll make it work.

Love ya!

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment