Friday, April 3, 2015

Six More Weeks of Winter :)

Hello! 

I had a wonderful week this week.  I am really really happy right now.  At the beginning of last week, Elder Smith and I had a conversation, and we both came to the conclusion that we need to be more dedicated, consecrated, and obedient in the small and simple things.  It was a simple talk but we put it into practice, and we started talking less about home, or Lake Powell, or music, or anything like that.  It’s incredible the changes we saw.  We were both happier, both less tired, both more obedient, and more excited to work and teach, and we had a very successful week!  It was amazing!  It’s not like we were doing anything bad before, we just lacked a little bit of ‘heart’ in the work.  It’s amazing how I just feel better.

I love the phrase of Gordon B. Hinckley.  “Forget yourself and go to work”

Love it!  Work and service is the solution to so many of the problems we might have.  If you want to be happier...Serve more with your heart placed in the glory of God.

I have also been really stressed out with this extension...If I should do it, or not.  I have been thinking and praying a ton, and its been a big big decision for me.  I would be home August 13 instead of July 1. (Zack was asked last week to extend his mission by one transfer and then had a week to make the decision.)

A couple of thoughts that I have had...

Luke 12:48.
For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Regrets....I don’t know how I would feel if I gave up the opportunity to extend.  I do know what will happen if I go home, but I will never know what will happen in these 6 weeks more in Peru, unless I stay.  I don’t want any regrets.  There is more work to do.

I have felt good about it…

I feel like I have received Divine guidance in this subject and I feel it is what I need to do.  It’s hard to trust in the Spirit sometimes when it’s a foggy day, but it’s what I need to do.  I am going to extend.  I really am really sorry to change up the plans you may have had.  But I feel like I am needed here, I don’t know why. I am going to stay.  Since it's winter down here (well, not the 'winter' that you are thinking of)... then like the groundhog says...I've got six more weeks of winter! :)

The best part of the week was the baptism of EDSON.  He was able to be baptized and I had the opportunity to baptize him.  He invited lots of his friends and his mom and sisters and it was such a great experience.  I hope that he will want to serve a mission.  He’s got a whole great life ahead of him.  He really is a sharp kid.  I have hope that he will keep going strong.

Elder Smith.  Edson.  Elder Bradshaw.
I really am happy here.  Sure, there are sometimes difficulties with things and it can be a hard time sometimes, but I really do love serving my mission and helping people know my Savior.  I love the Book of Mormon and it really has guided me so much.

I am really excited to see where I serve for my last area.  This Saturday they tell us the transfers and I think my time here in Miguel Grau is coming to an end.  I have really liked my comps here, and the people I've met here have been wonderful.  It's been a great few months here.

I am excited for conference and for Easter.  Here in Peru, its called Semana Santa, or Holy Week.  Yesterday all of the Catholics had palm leafs and all walking down the road, and now, they start showing tons of movies about Jesus Christ, Moses, and whatever else.  It’s pretty crazy....they have got cartoons and all about everything....It seems super strange...But its pretty fun.  Everyone is looking for a little bit more of Christ in their lives, and I am excited to help them find Him. 

The church released a new video called “Gracias a que El Vive”.  Don’t know in English.  I invite you all to find it, watch it, and to publish it on Facebook.  It is incredible.  Every missionary is and will be using it for a long time!  Take a look at it.

Today we watched ‘Meet the Mormons’...It was incredible!  I loved it.  Especially that part from Utah....jaja...I also loved seeing Costa Rica and Snowbird.

Before I log out, I just wanted to tell Mom Feliz Cumpleaños!  You are the best mom in the world and I am so grateful for everything which you have taught me.  I am who I am thanks to you and the things you have always taught me.  You taught me how to love, why to love, and how to make people feel special.  I am so grateful to have such a wonderful woman as my mother and I hope that you have a wonderful birthday.  You as well as the things you have taught me help motivate me to be able to share the gospel with other people.  I love you sooooo much.  Feliz cumpleaños!

I love you all.  And am so grateful for the great parents and family you are for me.  Thanks for always helping me and teaching me. Thank you for your support, I’ve needed it and I’ve felt it.  I love you all sooooo much.


Elder Bradshaw

Well...we are back to three transfers more!

No comments:

Post a Comment