Friday, April 3, 2015

Tender Mercies...

¡Hola familia!

This week was quite the week, as always there were ups and downs, but it was filled with lots of tender mercies.  I love being here and I love the gospel.  I would be nothing without it.  I love Perú and I love Piura.  Still don’t love the hot sun so much, but we are getting there.

Well, it actually rained the WHOLE week here.  Just kinda off and on in the nights, but it was amazing!  With that, everything has become a little bit more tranquilo.  Piura is a desert city, and even though it rains a little every once in a while, it is not prepared to receive it at all...so the streets were like rivers.  People had their houses caving in...I'm so sad for them, yet I can't do much to help.

This is what happens when it rains in Piura...


Things were a little bit slower this week.  There were not really any leaps of progression in the area or anything.  Just a steady progress.  Edson is doing awesome.  We only need the permission of his parents, and if not, he turns 18 April 2 so we will wait!  His baptismal date is the 28 de marzo.  He’s on track, and were just filling in a few small things.

Jorge Mio is also going like crazy.  We haven’t been able to teach him too much for a while but he still goes to church!  Super awesome.  We visited him yesterday and he really has desires to share the gospel with all of his family.  When we found him, he was a sad man, but little by little he’s changing.  I truly love seeing him change! 

So the cool story of the week....We had stake conference this week, and President stood up to give his talk.  Then he starts talking about a family in Tumbes that was baptized recently....and I was like “hey! I know them!”  So that was awesome so hear that wonderful story again.

After the conference I was happy and was thinking a lot about the familia Romero Nava.  In a couple of my prayers I asked God to help them and to bless them. Then I kept going on in my day.

Then we went to the super market to by some water today, and I am just standing there buying water bottles, then I look over and guess whose there....Madelaine Nava!  Totally serious...jaja I didn’t believe it!  It was kinda weird!  I waved to her then she came over and started talking with us for a while!  SO AWESOME.  When we were talking, she called Christian in Tumbes and I could talk a little with them.  This. Was. So. Awesome.

Christian now has the Melchizedek Priesthood, and is going to be the Ward Secretary.  Madelaine is a councilor in the Relief Society, and is looking into receiving her patriarchal blessing.  SO AWESOME.  They are such a support for the church where they live and all is going well.  Attached is a photo with her.  She also wants you to send it to her.  I am so happy that God answered my prayers!  Now that was a Tender Mercy.  They are also starting to prepare to be married in the temple in October...isn’t that awesome?!  So much good news for me today!

That was my tender mercy of a life time.  I have never seen anyone from an old area, but wow, that was awesome.


Zack's tender mercy...running into Madelaine in Piura
I love my area now, I love the members and the ward, because they are great.  I am also looking forward to a new area, because that is always exciting.  It will be interesting to see where I go.  But I’ve still got two weeks here in Miguel Grau, so I’ve got more time to enjoy here...

The harder I try, the more I realize that I am not perfect, and the more I learn that I need the Lord.  I know that God lives because he answers my prayers daily.  I know the Christ is the Savior for me and the whole world, and that only through him may I be saved.  I love the Book of Mormon.  I know it is true and that Jose Smith is a prophet of God.

I love you all sooooo much.  The more time I am here, the more I realize how much you have all taught me.  I am who I am thanks for the love which you all showed to me and continue to show me.  I love you all sooooo much.

Elder Bradshaw

PS.  Elder Romero wrote to me today and told me that he is getting married, and he asked me to be one of his best men!

No comments:

Post a Comment