Monday, September 9, 2013

20 MIRACLES!

Dear Fam,

Zack's CCM group gets to Piura

First of all, before I forget,  if you are going to send me a package or mail through the post service, put President Chad Rowley on the first line,  I  don't know why, but it doesn't work otherwise.  Also, I can't send mail through pouch, so I have to limit my letters sent.  Dinner or a letter sent?  haha  But I can receive letters through pouch, and know that they make my week.

SO, Again, I am so sorry for the venting last week.  Right after that letter, I felt a lot better.  This whole week was a lot better.  Small miracles.  Someone could make a movie called 20 Miracles for this last week.  

Right after I turned off the internet, I went and took a nap then we went to proselyte.  We have been working with a little girl who is ten named Leyla.  Leyla has a strong testimony and would have been baptized forever ago, but her mom is a Jehovah Witness and wouldnt allow it.  We went to their house after and taught them. Her mom had a huge change of heart and is letting her be baptized on the 22!  I am so excited for her.  She reminds me so much of Elli.  Same mannerisms and everything. Miracle 1.

Tuesday came around and it was just another prosyliting day.  We worked hard and everything went well.  We found an awesome little family who is just perfectly prepared.  They are so friendly and kind.  They have family members in the church already, so it was an easy in.  We taught them and I really connected with the boys.  In fact, a little too much, my companion got a little mad at me for playing too much.  jaja  Miracle 2.

Wednesday.  Wednesday was a treat.  My companion is the District leader and he was called to a District leader conference in Piura.  So that morning, we woke up real early and I dropped him off at the bus station with some other elders.  I was then on splits with two other elders.  One really chill latino, and another gringo.  Elder Cook has been out one transfer longer than me, and feels the same way as I on a lot of things.  Him and I talked and talked all day.  He showed me some tricks to kick the homesickness and we instantly linked.  We had all day together, and it also helps that the area we were in was on the beach.  Owww it was a wonderful day.  It was nice to vent a little to someone who will understand.  Plus the Latino elder and I clicked also.  He is a great friend. Miracles 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Thursday.  We had a zone meeting,  so we got to go into Talara again, and I had more time with some Gringos.  There are 6 English speaking greenies in our zone, and we are all new, so it was wonderful. Also, we were given mail!  I got a dearelder from Ali Ball, a pouch from Meg, a letter from Madi Reese, and a dear elder from Gma B.  It made my week.  There were some things in those letters that I just needed to hear.  It was perfect.  Miracles 8, 9, 10.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were pretty basic days, but with how well I was feeling from the earlier days, I was fine.  I gave my first blessing in espanol also a sacrament talk.  Wow!  Great time.  We worked real hard this week and we got another baptismal date.  And a member invited us over for cake and a killer breakfast. Miracles 11, 12, 13, 14.

Today was also wonderful.  This morning, we woke up early and had a Zone activity.  We went to the beach!  It was beautiful.  We had most of the zone there, so it was nice to talk with some other english gringos.  We hiked on some St George-like rocks, caught crabs in the tide pools, walked down the beach to a light house, and played a little soccer.  It was so nice.  It was exactly what I needed.  I got pretty fried though. I have some great friends in my zone.  So fun!  ...and now I am writing. Miracles 15, 16, 17.

This week was so much better than the past week, but still, it  was so difficult.  Whenever it got difficult, I thought of the letters I received, the good times that I had this week and at home, and about the gospel.  I can literally feel your prayers and fasting pushing me.  Not just mentally, but physically I can feel something pushing me forward.  I am so grateful for the family and friends I have praying and fasting for me.  It really is amazing.  I can't even describe how I feel. 18

I havent really swallowed the Two years thing yet.  That seems like too long of a time to be away from my family.  I have a great companion, and he has taught me lots, but he is kinda like Jackie Chan in karate kid.  He doesnt really respect my opinion and he doesn't let me choose, and he is pretty harsh sometimes, but I am grateful for him.  This next week we have District conference (I am in a branch, and District Conference is like a Stake Conference for wards) so the president is coming. I am really excited to see him and to be with my zone some more!  This week still was a challenge, but through the Savior and His teachings, I can conquer whatever is placed in front of me.  Missions are humbling and super challenging, but I am doing my best, and the Lord is doing the rest.  Never has my love for the gospel, my friends, and my family been higher, and never have I felt so much love.  19

I owe everything I am, was, or hope to become to my parents.  I love you so much.  Elli, Happy birthday on the 21!  I colored that day in my planner!  I will try to send a letter, but its pretty expensive.  Lexi, tranquilo!  School is supposed to be fun.  Make good friends and have a good time. Always keep that in mind.  You only get it once.  Dad, I prayed for you lots this week.  And I am so glad for the  eventful week you had.  Mom,  I love you so much.  So much!  Taylor,  thanks for the wonderful example, you are so great to me.  

I love you so much! I have the best family ever! 20

Elder Bradshaw

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Sara Evans, and I'm another Peru Piura missionary mom! My son, Paul, is in the picture above, so our two boys were in the CCM in Lima together! My son is second from right in the back row. God bless Elder Bradshaw!

    ReplyDelete