Monday, October 14, 2013

A PRETTY REGULAR WEEK

Buenas tardes familia!

My keyboard is so messed up so I am so sorry if this letter is feo.  This week was a quite a week.  I don’t even know really how to explain it.  So I guess I'll just jump into it. 

This week was pretty regular.  We have been working tons with Omar's family.  Juan Antonio, the nine year old, and Marlene, the 65-ish year old abuela (grandmother), will be baptized this Sunday, so were preparing them.  Omar and Maria Elena need to marry first, so were hoping that that will go ok for them.  It's kind of a pain for most people to marry, and it takes a long time...so we are praying for them lots!  They attended church this week and appeared to really like it.  Juan Antonio actually bore his Testimony!!!  That was quite a shock but it was wonderful.  They all are doing wonderful, and these two will be baptized this Sunday. 

This week we worked really hard to find some new investigators.  We found two families and they are both seem to be really prepared.  I don’t want to spend too much time talking about them, because we don’t know too much about them, but I am sure that at least one of them “seguirá el ejemplo de JesuCristo al ser bautizado”.  Pero vamos a ver. (will follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized. But we'll see.)

This week wasn’t really that exciting, but it's all good.  This Friday, my companion went to Piura (which is a two hour drive in a tour bus)  for a training for the Lidres de Distritos (District Leaders), so I was left in my area with a missionary from my group, and one that arrived 3 days before… That was quite the experience.  They were both latinos, so we could function, but it was quite the test!  It was good to see that I am picking this up a little bit, and that I can do it.  It was also pretty fun.  

Zack in front of the Talara Cathedral.


It really sounds like you guys have had a wonderful week.  Park City (I don’t even want to see pictures;), yard work, and the Music and the Spoken word!  Sounds wonderful! 

Questions!!!

Best part of the week: 

Funniest part of the week?  
My daily Spanish failures are pretty funny.  Like yesterday an investigator fed us, and I told him thanks, but he said “give thanks to God”, then I told him “thanks” again, I don’t know why, but it happened.

Mail?  
Not this week.
 
Do you ever feel like you are in danger?  
I feel pretty safe most of the time.  My area is way chill!  It's kind of like the 'St George' of this region,  no one is out at nights, it's pretty good.

Do you ever speak in church?  You could be a cheerleader for ward members to invite their friends to church! 
I have spoken in church like 3 times.  We are trying to work with the members, but there isn’t much of a response.

How's the cooking.   
If you could send me some way basic recipes.  I usually eat some hamburger meat, some hotdog, noodles and ketchup for dinner.  Breakfast is usually an egg or two, oatmeal, and some fruit.

Gaining weight or losing weight?
 
Think I'm gaining. 

I am doing really good now, don’t worry about me.  I am going to work sooooo hard this week to learn all I can.  I am so grateful for the loving family I have at home cheering and praying for me.  I love you all sooooo much.  Tengan una buena semana! (Have a good week!)

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment