Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Week in Peru

April 21, 2014

Hola familia.  ¿Qué tal?

So...Easter sounds like it went pretty well up there!  I am glad that you had a great time centered on Christ and his Atonement.  That is really what is most important.  I am truly jealous of the concerts, movies, and everything.  jaja

My Easter was kinda weird and boring.  It is called the ‘Semana Santa or Holy Week, and basically is is just time off from work to watch endless movies of Christ, to drink endless bottles of beer, and to go the the Catholic Church.  But we had a good time.  We went out to eat and I bought my comp dinner.  So that was really fun.  I actually loved it.  I had a forth of a chicken, with french fries, and arroz chaufa, or china rice, i forget in english. (This line made his mother laugh!!)

Like you guys, I tried to focus my life on Christ this week.  Thursday night, I had a really good experience, I was lying on my bed listening to church music in the night, and just felt like I was right there in Gethsemane with Him, and in the temple too.  Cool experience. 

Also this week, I truly realized the power of Gods purpose “To bring to pass the immortality and Eternal life of men.”  I truly felt all of the blessings of the gospel in my life, and truly felt the love that God has for me.  I realized the importance of the Temple and the blessing of being eternally sealed.  I know that this Gospel is correct without doubts, and I know that we will be an eternal family.  My desire to help others do that too has increased tons too. I just felt so close and so involved in His plan and his gospel!

I can’t believe all the girls going on missions...so great and so weird!  I’m excited for them.

How was Easter? 
Good, kinda regular...but my food was good.

Health check:
Just got a sore neck and headaches that come from that.

Food check:
I am kinda sick of rice and crappy meat.  So I am starting to cook more...French toast, pancakes, sugar and cinnamon toast, ya know...the basics.

Companion check:
We are really doing good.  We really are great friends and I enjoy being with him and talking with him.  It is just a little frustrating.  In Negreiros, I felt like I was at the top of my game...Super obedient, super on top of the investigators, and super good with everything.  I have learned lots from my companion and he is a great guy, but it is just hard this time around.  I really want to train a new elder, so I can get whipped back into shape again.

Best part of the week:
Dinner with my companion. and those awesome insights I had.

Investigator check:
Everyone isn’t married, so we are in that business right now.  To be married costs around100 soles, which is around 40 bucks, or two weeks worth of food...and so it’s hard.  But there is an opportunity to get married for 25 soles in a couple of weeks...so we are working for that.

Also,  the Zone Leaders called me last night and told me that I get to go to Ecuador for a day with nearly all of the gringos from the mission.  I’m looking forward to seeing all my buddies from the CCM and Mike Smith.  It’s all for my visa and stuff.  So I am super pumped!  I get to go Friday!  We will all go together on a bus ride.  It’s going to be about a 4 hour ride.  I’m only about 1.5 hours from the border but we are not going my way so it will take longer...and I've heard that there is the possibility of McDonald’s!!!!  I’M SO EXCITED:

Today, I’m so tired.  We went running today.  It felt so great to just get outside and go!  We also played soccer, so I’m dead.

Thanks for the support and the love, I love you all so much.  I can feel your prayers and all. Love you all!

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment