Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Miracles, Seventy's, toads, and busses...

Wow family!  This week I have 16 months in my mission, and 5 months in Tumbes.  Things are going good, but they are passing by way too fast...I am scared that I may be coming in on my last two weeks in Tumbes with Elder Mulford. Love my area, love my comp, love serving here, love the ward, love the people, its really all going good, menos the mosquitos...and the heat! jaja

Well, this week was full of adventures.  So I will just start in with the stories.

There is a new missionary from St George that is in my district.  I had a work visit with him, so I was in his area working with him for a day.  That day, we taught a lesson at 4 in the afternoon, then we never entered another house.  We walked and talked and walked and talked more and some more.  SO LONG!  We talked with lots of people and just kept on walking and walking.  At eight o clock, we went over to a LA (less active) to finish the day off with a lesson. And as we were walking to that house, I saw a orange house.   I don’t know what it was, but it just stood out to me.  All the houses here all touch each other and it look s like a storage garage place, but when I saw this door, I just felt the need to knock on it.  We went up, tired and all, knocked on the door, and a lady came out.  We started talking, and then she invited us in.  We got in, and the whole family of 5 was there.  Already sitting down.  Ready to listen!  It was sooooo cool!  It really was just a mind blowing experience.  We shared a quick lesson, then I returned to my area.  The Elders in that area have now taught that family a couple of more times, and I really am hoping/praying that they progress!  I treasure the experience of seeing miracles everyday through the guidance of the spirit!

Another lesson, we were visiting a recently re-activated family/converts, and  out side of their house, there were tons! of frogs.  some small ones, and some huge ones.  We found one the size of my hand, and Elder Mulford picked it up, then he through it up in the air, and I punted it into the road, then a moto-taxi ran over it.  It just one of those crazy Peruvian things that happen every day.

We also had the opportunity to take the whole zone to Piura this week.  The bus rides are soooooooo bad.  So bad.  When I say so bad.....I mean it.  Just bumps, curves, heat, congestion, not enough space and everything....So the traveling was super super long.  There is no way to sleep.  But, really, it was fun, because I was able to get to know a couple of missionaries a little bit better.  We got there, slept, then first thing in the morning, we had an awesome, meeting with Elder Evans (of the Seventy), then lunch, then another short meeting with him, then straight to the bus...Without dinner or breakfast....Man, I wanted to die!  We were all suffering soooooo bad. We got back at 11 at night.  So tired, hungry, and sick.  I did buy food, but it wasn’t sufficient.  Awesome conference, but so hard to travel and all.

This week, we have just been looking for more people to teach.  And it’s been a long long time.  We have been having a great time, and I love it, especially being with Elder Mulford.  We are working super super hard, and are find some awesome people to teach.  We found a new family, and everything is going great!


K…How about some questions…

How’s the Romero Nava family doing?  Is Ana getting baptized soon?
Ana’s baptism is scheduled in two weeks... The Romero Family is progressing like none other...The wife, Madelaine, is the new 1st counselor in the Relief Society, and yesterday Christian (husband) was given the calling as ward librarian.  He also receive the Priesthood yesterday!

How’s the Laban Galvez family doing?  Are these two families that could be friends? 
That’s the plan! 

How was your meetings with Elder Evans of the Seventy?
He is a super cool guy.  I learned a ton!  We also had a special meeting with the other Zone Leaders, and its just so cool to get to know these guys!

Best part of your trip to Piura?
Seeing all my friends that I haven’t seen for a long time!

Did you seek out any LP boys now serving in your mission?
I saw Elder Harris, and Elder Smith.

Did you have any packages waiting for you when you got to Piura…(please say yes!) 
Nope!  But I think they come this week!

Please tell me you didn’t eat pizza 5 days this week… 
Just twice...

Fun stuff you do with other missionaries…
Today we played Uno in the church, then went to buy pizza (of course), and now we are just chilling in internet with them.

Tender Mercies you’ve seen this week…
We found a wonderful new family that is just so open and awesome.  Leonel and Nancy...We are hoping/praying that all goes well with them! 

I love my area and love my time here.  Everything is going so well.  I love being with Elder Mulford, he is a great guy, love spending my time with him.  We are basically just super chill and working super hard!

Love you all!  Have a wonderful week!

Elder Bradshaw

Bonus of the week:  Zack sent a tour of his apartment...in Spanish...enjoy...we did!!





Ps...editors note:  We finally figured out which ward/building Zack was serving in and we found it on Google Earth...so here is a lousy picture of a great chapel.  We know he lives in the area so we 'Google-flew' around for a while, but haven't quite figured out exactly where he lives...but we now know his neighborhood!


No comments:

Post a Comment