Monday, March 2, 2015

Excited about the work this week!

March!

Things went really really well this week.  There were no cats involved.

Starting with Investigators... Right now, we have 8 investigators with baptismal dates!!!!...and they really are all progressing nicely.  They love listening to us (well...not necessarily ‘us’...but what we have to share with them) and many of them attended church yesterday.  Three attended church for the full three hours!   And there others that  attended for sacrament meeting.  We were so very super excited,  we even had some less actives there too!  We have seen progress in all of them and I really hope that they continue with their goals.  They just need to read and pray and attend, and I know they will feel it!  I am so mentally, physically, and emotionally tired because we are working so hard because we are so excited about their progress!

Jorge and Yessenia: So, they still are in...they didn't lose their interest, and they are going strong...HE FOUND WORK!  But, the problem is, that this work will make him work Sundays....He was really concerned about it, and asked us about if that is a bad thing.  We explained the importance of the commandments and the Sabbath Day really well, and even felt compelled to talk to them about fasting.  They got excited and desired to fast with us.  The next day, we stopped by and started our fast with them.  And, can you believe it... they fasted the whole 24 hours!  What an incredible act of faith!  They are so wonderful.  They read and have attended church twice.  Their baptismal date is the 28 of March...but then...as always...they need to get married :(

Jorge Mio....He’s a school teacher that just has a ton of problems, but he really wants to get out of them...He is super smart, so it’s so fun to teach him.  He attended church and is progressing really well.  He is single, and we just hope that he can keep going!

And guess what...The Book of Mormon is so key for everything, have you heard me say that before?  Conversion, revelation, testimony, and so much more....If you want to be happy, read, apply, and live the things taught in that book...
me is flying.  I can’t believe I have had twenty Fast Sundays here in Peru! And that I will only have three more.

And by the way,  how’s your family scripture study going?  My President challenged us to read the entire book before July 1....I think I am going to take that challenge. Pretty exciting!

Best Part of your week? 
Seeing the faith of Jorge and Yessenia.

Pday fun?
We played soccer on a turf field….And guess what?..it was so hot! Then we went out to eat with a member.

Three Elder's from Alpine...L-R Elder Harris, Zack, Elder Michael Smith

Zone Leader interesting facts?
This week we have our ZL training, then we give our zone conference Thursday...It’s a pretty crazy week.  I’m thinking that this may be my last transfer as a zone leader (I’ve got 7 now! jaja) and I am really really trying a lot harder to magnify my calling as a ZL and to really help the others.  Do you think it matters most what we do to help ourselves or more what we do to help others?  I’ve just watched how the mission seems to work and it seems like Elders usually don’t finish out their missions as Zone Leaders...more just like a trainer or a ‘regular’ missionary.

How was your Fast Sunday? 
It was really great...I felt really really close to the Spirit this Fast Sunday.

Received our package yet?
I just heard that it’s in the office....I’ll get it tomorrow. (Happy Valentine’s Day, Zack!)

Who do you miss the most?
Jaja...Everyone.

Did you decide to keep up your better diet, or did that go away? 
I seem to be able to eat really well the whole week, then I eat bad for one day....it’s just a pattern!  I think it’s working out ok.
 
Tender Mercies of the week? 
Just the feeling that I feel...I feel really spiritually in touch, and just feel good with my work that I am doing.  I received some spiritual guidance this week and I really feel like it’s going to help me!

So, as a missionary, I am in such a secluded world and when I hear things about the hard things going on at Lone Peak and stuff, it hurts in a different way.  It is so shocking for me.  And so very sad.  I feel so far away from that darkness, and that type of sadness, depression, and junk aren’t really a problem here in Peru.  I am sooooo sorry for all of those kids.

I'm sending some videos of our room....Every night, I sleep without sheets...without blankets...with the windows open...with a fan....and I always wake up sweating.  jaja... It is so hot! {spoiler alert:  he didn't clean it before he told the videos…}






I really love you all so much.  I love each and every one of you so much.  I am sorry if I have ever done anything that impeded you to feel that love. but I love you alllllll sooooo much!  Don’t forget that!

Love you all! That’s about all...until next week.


Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment