Monday, January 26, 2015

It's all about ups and downs...

Today, in the morning, while we were eating breakfast, my companion looked at me and said, “well, we survived hell week”.

I don’t know what it was, or what could have happened, but we just felt sooooo bad all week long.  For me, starting Sunday night, I just started feeling really tired, emotionally, spiritually, and physically.  I just felt done with everything.  I don’t know what happened, but I just felt sooooo off.  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and a little bit of Friday, I just hated.  It was so hard.  I was super stressed out and just tired.  It was really horrible, and one of the hardest weeks of my mission.  And to make it worse...Elder Smith just felt the same.  Sometimes we would just sit down on the dirty curb, and just talk about what we could do better to feel better.  So horrible.

But everything happens for a reason.

Even though I tried so hard to get rid of the horrible feeling. I couldn’t.  It was no good.   One night, we got home and we both were just soooo exhausted and down.  We planned and made something small to eat, and just started talking. After that, when it was time to go to bed, I just prayed, prayed and prayed.  It really was a miracle.  I couple of ideas came into my head, and when I tried to apply these ideas, I was guided to a happier week! 

I love the scripture that is in Alma 26:22.

22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth 
continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto 
such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be 
given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto 
us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

I know that God answers my prayers and He will answer yours!

After that, it was a great week.  I realized something....I am always happy, when I feel the Spirit, and when I teach by the Spirit.  Teaching is my favorite thing to do, and I even love teaching more when the people are so prepared. 

I love teaching.

I’m doing fine now...Even though it was the worst week ever. I’m happy now. And Elder Smith is too.

We helped with apartment inspections with the Pres. today, so that is why I’m so late with the email.  Have ants and mice in our apartment at the moment.  One touched my foot today and it was horrible!


Elder Bradshaw today on the bridge that crosses the Rio de Piura.

-How is the man you found last week...Paul?
Bad News, Paul had to go work in another City, so we couldn't contact him.  But hopefully we will be able to soon. 

We found another guy who is named William.  He is 29 years old and is super prepared.  We had our second and third lessons this week with him, and he is eating it all up.  The people who are prepared, better understand the message, and act upon the invitations we invite them to do.  We had an AWESOME lesson sitting on a hand made picnic table in a huge open sandy plain under the shade of a huge tree, as the sun slightly slid beneath the clouds and lighted them up. It was beautiful...that was my tender mercy this week.

 -How are your contacts going? 
We figured that out of 100 contacts, we find two or three good people.  So we are trying to find the chosen families.

-More pictures this week?  Please say yes. 

Lunch today...cow heart, sausage, chicken, and french fries, with Inca Kola
-Best part of the week? 
The lesson with William under the tree in the huge sand park. 

-Cool Peruvian stuff? 
Mice and ants in my room, sand in the eyes, chicken and rice.  Same old, same old.

-Something you learn from your companion.
The need to listen to the spirit, under every circumstance, in every moment.

Love you all a lot! 

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment