Monday, July 27, 2015

Anderson!!!

Hey!

I hope that all is going well at home. Sounds like it is with all of the wonderful letters. Thanks for always making me feel loved. I have been so blessed here.

To start things off....ANDERSON WAS BAPTIZED!!!!! This guy is a rock star. Hes got goals to go on a mission, and he is preparing to recieve the priesthood. He passed through tons of hard hard things this week, but he was really strong and was able to be baptized Saturday. Paita is a desert and our church doesn't usually have
running water, so we had to bring the water in from another area.  So...They filled up a huge tank of water and they brought it in to fill up the font. And guess who was there in front helping the most....ANDERSON. I have
never seen a convert carry his own water to fill up his own font! He wasn’t baptized in the ocean, but in the church. He is a wonderful convert, and I am so excited to see his progress here in a couple of years. I am sure he’s going to go on a mission...and he will be great.


Zack at the baptism of one of his favorite people, Anderson!

Other than the baptism, this week was a little rough. Honestly...some of it was pretty hard. We had two service projects....1)carrying over 100 buckets of sand and 2) carrying a ton of rocks. And I don’t feel like I have really recovered from that bit of service. I somehow hurt my back in all of that lifting and it’s been bothering me since then. On top of that, I’ve had a wicked-mean cough for the past week, and a giant head ache now for two days. I still don’t feel like I am all the way done with it, but I am feeling better. After the baptism, I just fell on the bed and we just called it a day, because my whole body was just hurting so much. I feel better, and am recovering a little by little. On top of that....NO ONE HAS BEEN HOME for these two weeks...where is everybody?????....Seriously, we haven’t been able to teach too much, which makes everything pretty rough as well.  I’m always happier when we get to teach.

Is it bad to say that there have been a couple days when I look at the sky, and think of the “ding....Thank you for flying with Delta, I hope you have enjoyed your flight...” or the escalator...or Mc Muffins...or stuff like that. jaja

I’m trying to keep on going. I really do feel happy, it’s just been a little rough.

My favorite scripture from my studies this week.... 3 Nefi 18:35
“And now I go unto the Father, because it is expedient that I should go unto the Father for your sakes.”

I have to go home, and I wouldn’t be obedient if I didn’t go home. I LOVE the Peruvian people and its going to break my heart to leave them to go home, but I am so happy to see you all. I love this place, and this people. Just thinking about leaving them hurts me.

So…here’s some questions (FROM MOM)...

-What did you admire most about President Rowley?
His example of work, simplicity, and love. He is one of the greatest priesthood leaders I have ever met.

-What lessons have you learned from him?
They are countless.

-How are your new converts progressing?
The family Navarro Ruiz is getting started on their Family History.

-What do you think you’ve contributed to this area and this branch?
I feel like I have finally been able to create a lot of trust between the members and the missionaries, and we have found more ways to work better with the members.

-How have you noticed the Hand of the Lord in your work this week?
The Lord guided Anderson to prepare for his baptism. Sometimes I just feel so much love from the Lord.

-What is something you’ve learned recently?
I have learned that it is necessary that we prioritize EVERYTHING everyday.

-How have you felt God’s love personally this week?
Reading the account of Christ in the America’s. That’s my favorite part of the Book of Mormon....especially 3 Nefi17.  I can see a wonderful example of Christ’s love
there and it helps me feel it and recognize it more in my own life.

-How do you keep yourself going during these last couple weeks?
The baptisms are really helping me...it’s super exciting!

Here’s some more ‘home’ based questions… We’ve been wondering a few things…

Are there certain foods that you have really been thinking about and
craving? (home or restaurant)

Just desserts and stuff with bastante (??) chocolate caramel and ice cream.  Taco’s and hamburgers too.  Also...could we have waffles with peaches and all that stuff???

Is there a meal you would like to request?
I’m good with whatever.  I’ve already made plans to get a few sausage Mc Muffins in LAX

Is there anything you would like to request for Lake Powell?
My guitar.

This week has been fun because it’s the Peruvian Independence day tomorrow, so everything everywhere is red and white! It's crazy fun. Today we saw a parade. It’s crazy because this is my third time being here for this particular holiday.


Today for pday...we went EVERYWHERE to find some cool Peruvian stuff to bring home.  Um...there isn't really anything here in Piata for me to bring home.  I did buy like four CD's of Peruvian music to share with my family all day every day!


Pday...searching for souvenirs!


Oh, since you asked about another baptism, you are probably thinking about.....Gisela.  She was going to be baptized this week, but she works in a factory of giant squid packaging.....what?.....and they keep on changing her hours so she hasn’t been able to attend enough...nor have we taught her enough...but this week we will teach her a ton and help her preparations to be baptized. I don’t know for sure if i will be here for it.

I love you all a lot. I am still just so super happy for Anderson, the Nevarro Ruiz family and for this whole 'bonus' part of my mission. I love you all so much!  Please make sure you tell everyone that.   Have a nice week.

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment