Monday, July 13, 2015

Four

Habla familia!

How's it going?  I am super good this week. In fact...I don't think I have ever had a better week in my two years of mission life. I don't know, it was just incredible and I'm so happy. I loved it. I'm in bonus time now, and I feel like God has blessed me a ton! On the other hand, I have never been soooo tired in my life.  I go to bed, and when I wake up, I am more tired that I was when I went to bed. It's a crazy life I lead.

Well, I'm happy that you all had a great time in Lake Powell. Sounds like you had a blast. Mom, I did receive your email from the lake, so it's all good...you didn't stand me up!



Our Zone got to meet with President and Sister Rasmussen this week...

Super Blurry pic of Zack's zone with their new President...President and Sister Rasmussen...Zack's the giant on the left front.
 So, I'll just start in with the people I get to work with right now...

FAMILIA NAVARRO RUIZ
Francis Navarro and Mirium Ruiz- Francis is a less active who hasn’t been active for 8 years. Mirium is his wife who has attended for years, but to another branch, even though they live in our area.  Francis´ family are members and really active in the other branch. They have two kids...Brigham (eight years) and Paolo (2...this kid is so crazy jaja I'll send a video the next week) At the beginning, they generally have been quiet with us and a little reserved, but we have worked SO hard with them and to see them get married was wonderful. Mirium passed her baptismal interview this week and is doing awesome!  They (Mirium and Brigham) will be baptized this Thursday. Yesterday, the branch president interviewed Francis and gave him a calling and let him bless the sacrament! That was a great experience for the whole family. The members have received them wonderfully and it's been so fun. They are really excited for Thursday. Now we are great friends with them.  I’ll be sure to send some pics this week. I am so happy that she will be baptized this week. She has been waiting for years! And now...Francis will be able to baptize them both!

ANDERSON!
This guy is completely awesome. He is just eating everything up. With his uncle, Franklin, they went to go clean the church this weekend, he's attending all of the activities, and is just loving it all. The members love him and treat him basically like a member now. It's awesome! He's got a baptismal date the 25th of July, and he's pumped for it!

GISELA
She is a referral from the Relief Society President...it's actually her sister.  We went and taught her this week and she is golden! Seriously. She has already attended church twice, and is just eating it up as well.  The members look at her as a sure baptism. We are also teaching her two little kids (April 10, Astrid 8) And are working to teach her husband. the best part...wait for it...wait for it...THEY ARE MARRIED. After the first visit, we invited them to be baptized, and at this point...they have a baptismal date for the 2nd of August.

I have felt so blessed in these past few weeks. I now see why God wanted me to extend. If I wouldn't have extended, I would never have come to Paita, or trained/worked with Elder Butron, or met all of these wonderful people!  I truly feel so blessed.

So, I have four weeks left in my mission, and for three of those weeks, We've got baptisms planned. Were trying to get a fourth week of baptisms planned as well, but we will see about that. I have never had this many people ready to be baptized and I really hope that everything continues to go well.

What would have happened if I wouldn't have extended?  I am so happy to be here!

I love it here and everything is going so well. I love my mission, I love Piura, I love Paita. I am so excited to see you all too, but when I leave...I think it's going to feel like my heart is being ripped out. I am just trying to take most advantage of the time that I have left.

Now, In my BOM study, I am in Helaman 8. I’m on track to finish before I come home and I’m loving it.

I could never have chosen a better area to finish my mission. I love the members, the branch, and the people here. I feel at home.

In my pics, I've got one with president Rasmussen and his wife, and another with Elder Nosa, and Elder Butron (two of my three hijos (sons) missionary slang for those Elder's that they train!)

Zack with Elder Burton (left) and Elder Nosa (right)...his sons!

 I love you all, and...Mom...I hope this was an exciting enough letter for you...since you requested that.

 Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment