Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week 3 - Peru MTC

Hola! 
I am replying to write back so maybe I can send some pics!  I am sorry if they are bad, they were pretty small on the screen.  I might have a hard time writing today.  Everyday in the CCM is basically the same, so I'll try  to just describe some of it I guess. 
Elder Bradshaw and Elder Wilkinson's room in the Peru CCM
 So...time is just flying by here!  Our whole distrito (which is only norteamericanos) just freaks out once a day becuase is is going by so fast, so that is really good.  I really like it here, and it is going well.  It does really drag on sometimes, and its pretty hard...but we are starting to learn things in class now that I don't know, so it is a little more exciting.  I have learned the most by just listening to the latinos and teachers and practicing.  Elder Wilkinson and I this week really worked hard during our comp study time and our lessons that we teach improved dramatically.  It is coming slowly but surely.   Everyday I just get more excited to go to Piura, but I try not to think about it too much, or it is really hard. 
This week I was healthier,  but I had Siempre Wars Episode III Revenge of the Siempres last night.  I feel good than it only comes around every once in a while.  But I just keep on truckin'.  Also, I haven't been unhealthily homesick yet, which is good.  I love looking at the pictures I brought  and showing them to my roommates.  The Latinos think some of my friends are pretty cute jajaja. We got a new shipment of latinos and gringos in.  The latinos are not as crazy, and a little more reserved...except the ones in our room.  They are still crazy, so its real fun.  We also got two gringos in our room.  Elder Barker from Hurricane, and Elder Aoki from SLC.  I swam against Elder Aoki, and I knew of him, so that is kinda cool.  I know a Elder Nielson from LP, Hermana Moe from LP, and Michael Smith, and I have met two others from highland alpine region who I didn't know prior to coming here.  It is really cool.  I am already such great friends with basically everyone here.  Its kinda like a friday night party at home, because I am getting to know everyone and we are such great friends. 
Soccer Soccer Soccer.   That's the light at the end of the 3 plus hours of classes.  I am horrible, but not the worst.  It is sooooo fun.  Especially with only gringos playing, so we have a chance.  So random note...I was on LDS.com and they said James Taylor is doing a concert with Mo-Tab, so definetly check that out.  
With my district at the Lima Temple
Today's Pday was among the greatest yet.  We woke up early to secure the laundry machine to get an early start.  Then we had a real tranquilo morning.  Enjoyed a long 10 minute shower, and just chilled.  Then we went shopping.  I basically just by tons of comfort food. My favorite is the caramel filled churros, or the caramel oreos with poprocks in them...Strange, but it is good. As we were walking, some Elders told us about a guitar store, so we went and found that!  SO FUN.  Me and Elder Wilkinson and Elder Rogers all play (except that they are really good) so we just chilled and passed around the guitar.  We walked out of there with the biggest grin.  It was nice to get a little bit of james taylor, john mayer, and jack johnson in.  Most fun thing here yet.  It has been a really chill day and I really like it.  We might even get a nap in.
I have really learned lots about the gospel this week, and I really love my study time.  I did a really in-depth study of the Book of Mormon, utilizing the chapter in preach my gospel.  I would recommend to you to definitely do that sometime.  Look up the scriptures, especially the ones in the Bible, and research that.  Really quite amazing.  I really don't have hardly anything else left to say... Oh, and yes, I will have Elder Wilkinson for my companion for the whole time. 
We get to go proselyting again on Saturday!  Can't wait, that is the most fun thing ever.  Hopefully I can understand a little more this time. I think that temple will open up next week so I am really excited for that.  How is the new movie, I probably won't get to see it here, but my fingers are crossed. 
I am so happy that Lexi got to go to EFY, sounds like she is growing up.  I loved EFY.  the MTC is like EFY, except without the flaring teenage hormones, the COWS, the Mormon pop music dances, and the all-nighters.  Instead, we go to bed on time, wake up early, sit in class all day, and play soccer.  That basically sums it up.  jaja My testimony has been growing as I learn more and more.  I have loved to throw myself into the scriptures and to see them come alive.  It is a blast.  All of our classes are in Spanish, so I am sure they are good too.  From what I understand, they are good!  Love it here...it's a great thing.
So I am half way done!   Things are great with my companion, we joke around, have a good time,  I am doing wonderful.  Can't wait to get out there though.  I am sorry this email was scattered and short, I really don't really know what to talk about.  I love you all, and am so happy that you are enjoying your summer.
I love you all,

Elder Bradshaw (or how the Latinos say it Elder Braundshoughhhhh)



Mormon store near temple...no one wanted to tell them that they had it wrong!
Nacho Libre
Elder Bradshaw is excited about new name tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment