Monday, June 9, 2014

Lots of Work Happening here...

Hola familia!

You know that feeling when you think you are about done scooping manure...then grandpa orders another truck load the next day, then the next day, and the next....


Well thats how Querecotillo is going.  Work, work, and more work, with little to show for it.  I am really excited with some of the changes which the mission is doing (a new way to plan and set goals, and a couple of different focuses) and I am trying to do my best to apply the changes, but wow its hard.  I really am happy, its just been a couple of weeks with lots of work, and little rewards.  We just have to keep saying, “there is no where to go...but forward.” 

With the new changes, we are really searching for families.  We don’t ever pass a family in the streets without talking to them, and sometimes we will spend 1 hour in 20 yards in one street, and I love it!  We are talking with tons of families and we have really found some hopefuls.  We will see what happens with them.  Querecotillo, I feel has kinda hit a wall.  We are working so hard, just not seeing tons of great results.  But, like I said...I am really really excited for some of the families we have found in these days.

Soooooo.....half of Querecotillo knows my family by now!  The mission was chosen to try a new program of family history, and part of it, is this little book that is called “My Family.”  I have LOADED it with all of your pictures and is a really powerful teaching tool.  So thanks for your ejemplos and everythings.  Sorry, I know my English is failing.

So, funny things that happened....
This week, Elder Nosa had to go to Lima (a little bit frustrating because we haven't had much time to work in Qtllo), so I stayed with the Zone Leaders, and we are basically way tight, so that was a blast.  We also had interviews, and the ZLs were busy all day, so I left with a member and worked in their area...A little bit funny, cause I didn’t know anything there, but it went well and it was a good time.   

Also...Saturday night, we were walking down the road in the night to return home, and there were two dirty dogs...doing dirty things...in the dirty street...which is basically completely normal here.  So we passed by them, and I decided to loudly clap the two books in my hand when we were right next to them.  After the sonic boom, one of them turned into Lightening McQueen and bolted away, and the other into a raging dragon running all over trying to bite me.  Some lady was screaming too.  I still don’t know if she was for me, or for the dogs.   But it was just a funny experience that makes me laugh pretty hard when I think of it.  Probably not the brightest thing to do, but its Peru.

In my interview, President told me that I am a good trainer. So I think I will be training for a while in my mission.  Which I’m fine with.  I am happy with where I am and what I am doing.

Tranfers are this week.  I highly doubt that I will be transfered, but there is always a probability.  Kinda don’t want one.


I also got a package from G and  G Bradshaw...I love the ties!  And also a postcard from Ally Melendez.  THANKS!


Zack exploring the reservoir in the area with mission friends.

In what ways have you seen the Hand of the Lord in your work this week?
Just everything.  The families that we have contacted are really directed from God, and I am just excited to be so close to his work!

What is one way that you feel like you have changed while on your mission?
I don’t know, but I’ll be thinking!  Lots of ways!

Fun things for P-day this week?
We all just got together and played games then went to lunch...I have got some awesome friends here, so it was fun.

What cool pictures have you taken to send home to your dear sweet mother?


With Elder Holmes in Lima.  Don't know if Zack is excited about the Coca Cola...or the FIFA World Cup!



I love you all so much!  Thanks for everything!

Love Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment