Monday, June 30, 2014

Soooo Ridiculously Hot!!!!

Well, family...

Don’t know where to start. 

It was a pretty crappy week.  Some great awesome things, but some not-awesome things too. 

We had zone conference which I just loved.  I was super scared to teach it, but it went really really well.  I love my zone and the missionaries that are here with me.  Some pretty cool guys!  I am starting to warm up a little bit as Zone Leader, little by little, but I do like it and am growing lots! 

This week, I had a work visit with a good friend from my Group.  Elder Evans, from Minnesota, but studied in BYU.  I had the opportunity to work together for two days, and we had a good time.  It was funny, because we always try to do practices in Comp study, so we had the bright idea to do it in English....But we couldn’t....we failed so miserably. jaja  Thats what 11 months in Peru, speaking nothing but Spanish does to you!

Funny story.  It’s the end of the month...and we were suffering with water, food, and money.  One day we were walking down the road, and my companion began to kick a little bag.  And when he kicked it, it broke  open and like five dollars worth of Peruvian money shot out....So we learned that God takes care of his army.

I am a little bit discouraged right now, just because there is nothing going down in my area.  The last 3 or 4 transfers in my area, nothing has really been happening and the missionaries really haven't been working.  We have 2 investigators, which hardly progress, and we really are just lost.  The area is really unique and its not like Querecotillo where there are people EVERY WHERE to talk to.  Its a big city, and I really don’t even know where to start.  My companion is really an awesome friend, and I really enjoy being with him, but he is WAY trunky....jaja  (its kinda hard, because sometimes he puts on Jack Johnson, which is bitter sweet)  he knows it and is working more with me than before, but there really is just so much work to do.  I am happy most of the time, just a little discouraged and looking for what to do.  I have to think about it like this...Nephi didn't know how to build a boat, and I don't know how to fix this area, but someone does, and it looks like I need more time in the scriptures, and on my knees.  Looking forward to the future!

We played soccer today for P-day, and it was soooooo hot.  Like ridiculously hot.  And in our apartment, before we left to come here...it was like 93 degrees.... HAPPY WINTER!!  We looked hard and found an inter-net with “AC.”  so it’s like 85 degrees now.

I am really good, and really happy! 

Hope that everything goes well this week. 

I am excited to see the airport pictures with Tay...but kinda not. 

All of my friends here just laugh at me!  Jaja

Love you all!

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment