Monday, September 15, 2014

Work, Faith, Obedience, and Miracles.

I really don’t know where to start this week. 

It has been on of the best weeks of my mission and I don’t know if I have ever felt the Spirit so much.  I feel like the Lord has seen my faith and hard work for these long months, and now finally...and now finally we are seeing some great results.  I will just tell a couple of stories about what has happened and a couple of the miracles that I have seen.

First off, Elder Mulford is one of the coolest guys ever.  It’s always nice to really connect with a companion.  Just the Utah=Utah connection is just awesome.  He wants to work and wants to help a ton in the area.  I am super happy with my comp.

So there is a RM in our ward that returned like 7 or so years ago.  He got married, the missionaries baptized his wife and all was good.  They later went inactive and haven’t really done anything spiritually for maybe 2 years, without reading, praying or anything.   The guy has always been a little prideful and hard hearted when I have met with him.  Yesterday we went to a lesson and just started talking with him about him mission and everything...for like 30 to 45 minutes...We told stories about good and bad companions and everything and it was a good time.  We built up lots of trust.  Then after, we asked him if we could share a small message.  Right before the prayer, a thought came to my mind to have him share one of his favorite scriptures with us.  I have never experienced a prompting in this way, but I trusted it and asked him to share a scripture that he likes.  He opened up to Alma 30 and read a scripture about Alma, Korihor, and mostly about testimonies.  As he explained it, and the importance of a testimony, his eyes began to swell up and a couple of tears rolled down his face.  I feel like lots of times, as missionaries and members, we always are looking for the perfect scripture, or the perfect thing to say, but really the Spirit is always willing to guide us, and if he follow Him...the experience will always be successful.  The guy completely changed.  180 degrees.  He bore his testimony and we bore ours.  All we did was listen and nothing more.  I have been thinking lots about this lesson because it really impacted me.  Really interesting.

And now, let me tell you a little bit about the biggest miracle I have seen...ever. 

As I said, we contacted this guy last week, and last Monday we stopped by his house and had a lesson with them.  We got to know Christian, his wife, Madelaine, and their three kids, David, Andrea, and Alessandra.  As we explained the message of the Restoration, they just ate it up, and just absorbed it like a sponge.  They accepted a baptismal date for the 11 October. (!!!) We invited them to read 3 Nephi 11 and Madelaine read 7 chapters.  Christian has told us that he has received his answer and knows that this is all true (after the first lesson).  We told our WML that we found the family of ‘gold’, but we have know changed it to the family of ‘Diamonds’. When they attended church, they got there a little late but they were there for Gospel Principles class.  This day, the class was about Eternal Families.  The sister missionaries were teaching, and at one point they asked Madelaine about what she thought about it.  Madelaine just broke down in tears and said “this is so wonderful, who wouldn’t want to be with their families forever?”  Its been a long 14 months of walking, talking, and teaching, but I feel I may have found the people that I was sent to find.  I really just can’t find the right words to describe them.  They are just so wonderful. 

They recently came from Venezuela like a month ago, and are searching the true church, and we know that they know that they found it.  They aren’t married, but they brought all of their papers from Venezuela with them and it shouldn’t be hard for them at all to get married.  SO EXCITED!  I just hope that I don’t get transferred.  I might even ask president to not transfer me...if it’s ok with him!

We have seen so many other miracles and the area is really changing,  I am so happy to be here...and we are working hard. 

With 4 extra missionaries in your zone...did you have to go find accommodations for them to get them set up?
No, they were all in the other established zone and everything, but President just changed them to our zone.

You always seem so positive about whatever district or zone you are in...do you have many issues or problems to resolve with them?

Not really, they are good missionaries.  All of them.

What’s been on your mind this week?
This family that we found. I’m so excited for the family that we found. 

Best thing about this week?
The FAMILY.  (again)

Tender mercies?
So many, and just the Spirit that guided us so much this week.  It’s been crazy.

Gringo cravings this week? 
We've just been talking about JCW, Tucanos, and everything in Utah...so basically everything. 

I am doing really well.  I hope I have given you a little look into the amazing family that we have found.  They are already super excited for everything and have goals to get married and baptized.  We have an appointment tonight with them.  Pray that it goes well, please!  The family is named Romero Nava

Love you all so much!  Have a good week and send me some pics!

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment